England Originals from England’s Historic Cities have launched their very first app. Users who download the free iOS and Android app will be able to explore 16 historic destinations in England using the power of augmented reality (AR).
Created by Hex Digital and aimed primarily at international millennials looking to explore the best of England, the app combines emerging technology and powerful storytelling to provide a fun and exciting new way to explore the country’s historic cities.
The app makes use of the latest ARKit (iOS) and ARCore (Android) cutting edge AR technology, to provide an immersive experience for visitors. Tabletop tours enable users to explore the cities prior to their arrival, while in-destination secret portals lead users into hidden rooms and amazing places.
England Originals has recently launched five multi-destination tours through the heart of England and the new app will bring the inspiring themes of each tour to life. The tours include:
- Thinkers and Writers Tour visiting Oxford Worcester and Stratford Upon Avon
- Time Travellers Tour visiting City of London, Greenwich, Canterbury and Cambridge.
- Treasure Trove Tour visiting Durham, York and Lincoln
- Wall to Wall Tour visiting Chester, Lancaster and Carlisle
- Western Wonders Tour visiting Truro, Bath and Salisbury.
The England Originals app is available now to download free on Google Play and the App Store.