Recent research from Budget UK reveals that for a third of Brits, Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is the most popular choice when it comes to car karaoke. Queen also takes second place in the list with ‘We Will Rock You’ being chosen by almost a quarter of drivers (19%) voting it as their favourite road trip anthem.
Bon Jovi’s ‘Runaway’ comes in at third place for Brits, providing the perfect singalong soundtrack for those en route to a music festival, the beach or just somewhere different.
Although classic rock hits seem to be popular across Great Britain to help drivers get in gear – feel-good pop songs also make journeys more enjoyable with a fifth (18%) of Brits voting for Bruno Mars’ ’24k Magic’ and Justin Timberlake’s smash hit ‘Can’t Stop’ (17%) – perfect for lovers of chart music.
As for the rest of the list, it’s a heady mix of The Beatles, Rihanna and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Top 10 road trip songs in the UK:
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (29%)
- Queen – We Will Rock You (19%)
- Bon Jovi – Runaway (18%)
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (18%)
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop the Feeling (17%)
- Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger (17%)
- Rihanna – Shut Up and Drive (17%)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama (14%)
- Oasis – What’s The Story Morning Glory? (13%)
- The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) (13%)
More from Travel
Social media-inspired tourism is only increasing, with Forbes listing "instagrammability" as a key travel trend for 2019. Whilst it might …